Interview Schedule (separate days)
- Session 1: 45min Interview with the founder(s)
- Session 2: 45min Interview with VC/Board Member
- Session 3: 1 Hour Interview with the founder and cofounder or other senior team member
- Session 4: 2 Hour meeting (with strategic 5-10min breaks) with Founders to walk through the Challenge deck and 30-60-90
- Session 5 (optional): 30min meeting with founders/VC to discuss any remaining details or issues
Start with some personal questions (learn about them as a person, care about getting to know them): 5-10min
- Where do you live?
- What do you do for fun?
- How would your friends describe you?
Transition into the career questions (listed below): 15min and/or 60% of the allotted time
End by letting them ask you any/all questions they have + next steps: 10min and/or 20%-30% of the allotted time
Sales AE/Manager Interview Questions
This is a big decision and one that’s very personal for both parties, the worst thing either of us can do is oversell the other, so I’m going to be very transparent and just ask that you do the same if that’s ok with you
- Answer: I like to open with this to set a tone of transparency, especially since salespeople love to oversell when it comes to interviews
Take me back to (University, a specific job, etc) and walk me through how you got to where you are now and why you made those moves
- Answer: They should have a narrative for their career and clear answers as to why they joined/left companies. Things you don't want to hear: My friend started working there and it seems interesting, I left because I hated my boss, they changed the comp plan, etc. It should have been a thought-out decision.